DATE: Friday, 9th March 2018
VENUE: Palmer Colonial Golf Club, 57 Paradise Springs Ave, Robina QLD 4226
TIME: 12.00pm – 2.30pm
COST: $60 for members, $80 for non members
TITLE: WHY EVERY SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS NEEDS EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT PEOPLE.
SPEAKER: Natalie Turvey, Director and Principal Psychologist, B.A. Psych. Grad Dip Psych. MAPS. STAP. From Drop Of Life
Ever wondered why some people can communicate with others effectively, provide balanced feedback, lead others through ambiguity, use humour to build rapport, read and respond to the leadership needs of others and remain optimistic even in the face of difficulty?
Natalie will discuss the importance of both IQ and EQ (Emotional Intelligence) in Business. She will provide you with practical examples and new skills as you learn about the unique leadership traps that can trip up even the most successful leaders and the ways to avoid them.
Natalie explains why EQ is particularly hard to maintain at management levels of the company and shares the most common ego traps and how to avoid them to increase leadership effectiveness.
To find out if EQ is missing from your team, take this short quiz:
- Is there often a breakdown in team communication?
- Do you observe symptoms of low-stress tolerance?
- Do one or more of your team members struggle with or resist change large or small?
- Are you needed to mediate conflict on a regular basis?
- Has pessimism taken over the work environment?
- Do team members say or do the wrong things at the wrong time?
If you answered yes to more than two of these questions, it is worth your time to explore Emotional Intelligence.
We look forward to you joining us for this amazing lunch.